- Mountain Plaza at the base of Vail Mountain near the Vista Bahn will be abuzz with activity throughout the event as teams set off and return to their staging areas between challenges. Young racers will be getting outfitted with gear for their next sport and racing off again. From Mountain Plaza sports fans can access several different exciting activities, including the giant slope-n-slide, located on Pepi's Face on Vail Mountain; the slackline over a mudpit, adjacent to the Vista Bahn; and the zipline, which requires a short but steep climb up Vail Mountain.
- Watch the tubing challenge from anywhere along the bank of the Gore Creek in between the Covered Bridge and International Bridge.
- Watch children throughout Vail Village and Golden Peak who may be passing by on bicycles or on foot carrying their gear and tubes to and from the creek
- Solaris where racers will tackle the rock climbing wall. The wall is a new obstacle in 2011.
- At 2 p.m. in Mountain Plaza, all race participants receive pizza and a certificate to recognize them for their accomplishments. Winners of each age group will climb onto the winners' podium and receive a trophy. There will be three winners in each age category.
Contact: Beth Pappas, 970-479-2280
VRD Sports/Events Partnership Manager