(Vail)-The Vail Tennis Center will offer a full range of tennis programming beginning Friday, May 27. The Tennis Center joins other Vail Recreation District (VRD) offerings including the Vail Golf Club, Vail Nature Center, youth services summer day camps, youth sports camps and adult sports leagues also taking place throughout the summer.
Located adjacent to the Ford Park softball fields, the Tennis Center will be open daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Labor Day weekend. Activities include:
• Doubles 4.0 or Better, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Mondays for those with a 4.0 or above ($8)
• Men's 60 and Over, 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays for all skill levels ($8)
• Ladies Day, 9 to noon on Wednesdays for all skill levels ($8)
• Men's Night, 5 to 7 p.m. on Wednesdays for all skill levels ($8)
• Men's Single Ladder, 9 a.m. to noon on Fridays for all skill levels ($8)
• Ladies Double Play, 9 a.m. to noon on Fridays
• Men's Doubles, 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays for all skill levels ($8)
• Sunday AM Play, 9 a.m. to noon on Sundays for all skill levels ($8)
• Mixed Doubles, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays for all skill levels ($8)
• Cardio Tennis, times and dates to be determined
Junior tennis clinics will take place throughout the summer beginning June 13 with a ratio of one coach for every six students. Ages five to six will meet from 9 to 11 a.m., ages seven to nine will meet from 10 to 11 a.m., ages 10 to 12 will meet from 11 a.m. to noon and ages 13 to 17 will meet from noon to 1 p.m. Monday sessions will be held at Ford Park and sessions held Tuesday through Friday will take place at Golden Peak. Clinics are scheduled as follows:
• June 13-17, 20-24 and 27-30
• July 5-8, 11-15, 18-22 and 25-28
• Aug. 1-5, 8-12, 15-19 and 22-26
Additionally, the Tennis Center will offer four weeks of Youth Tennis Camps. The camps will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, June, 27- July 1, July 11-15, Aug. 1-5 and Aug. 8-11. Camps are for ages six to teens and cost $160 for VRD residents and $185 for guests.
For season pass, daily rates or more information on the Tennis Center, call 479-2294. For information on all other VRD activities, go to www.vailrec.com.
# # #
Contact: Bob Seward, Vail Tennis Center, 970-479-2197